Only 2,500 people are allowed to enter Machu Picchu each day, there are two group available for the Machu Picchu and Huayna Picchu mountain. The new government website (https://www.machupicchu.gob.pe/) lists how many Machu Picchu tickets 2021 are available for each day. Also, if you would like to climbing to Huayna Picchu and Machu Picchu mountain, must booking the ticket for Huayna Picchu in advance and there is an additional fee to USD 25 dollars to hike Huayna Picchu. There is a limit of only 400 permits for climbing Huayna Picchu and only 200 people are permitted to enter for each of the 2 sessions scheduled for 7am and 10 am. The guide will organise the tour of Machu Picchu around peoples climb of Huayna Picchu depending on how many in the group have permits.
Please note your entrance to Machu Picchu and permit for Huayna Picchu are with your name and passport details so are non transferable and non refundable. Last minute bookings of this trek will possibly miss out on permits in high season so please book and pay in advance.
Huayna Picchu and Machu Picchu Mountain are two mountains situated just above the antique city of Machu Picchu and they both serve to take some panoramic photos of Machu Picchu. Each mountain entrance has to be booked ONLY TOGETHER with Machu Picchu entrance!! The booking needs to be done enough time in advance as there is a limited number of spaces a day (400 permits per Huayna Picchu and 400 permits per Machu Picchu Mountain as well)! Huayna Picchu is for an extra cost of USD 25 dollars and Machu Picchu Mountain is for USD 25 extra. Your Tour Guide always organises a Machu Picchu guided tour to allow enough time to enter either Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu Mountain. Please note that your entrance ticket to Machu Picchu and Huayna Picchu/Machu Picchu Mountain always displays your name and passport details so it is NOT TRANSFERABLE to another person and NOT REFUNDABLE either!!
Today Huayna Picchu and Machu Picchu are closed for this pandemic. The Peruvian government publised the emergency state in Peru during this COVID19.
Maybe, the Machu Picchu will reopen in October 2020. The Peruvian government, Mincetur, Dircetur, CANATUR were having a meeting to reopen the frontiers in Peru.
During your visit to the Machupicchu the following is prohibited:
1.- Carry backpacks or larger than 40x35x20 cm (16x14x8 inches).
2. Enter with food and utensils.
3. Enter with any illegal substance or under its influence.
4. Enter with any type of alcoholic or alcoholic beverage.
5. Carry poles, umbrellas, umbrellas, portable seats, tripods, supports or extensions for cameras, cell phones or any other stabilization or extension element for filming or photography.
6. Enter with animals, with the exception of guide dogs.
7. Feed domestic and wild animals.
8. Enter with any type of sprays.
9. Make any type of graffiti.
10. Enter with any type of musical instrument, megaphone or speakers.
11. Make loud or annoying noises such as clapping, shouting, whistling or singing, among others.
12. Use virtual applications with cell phones or mobile devices in narrow arteries.
13. Enter with heels or hard-soled shoes.
14. Access with baby carriages.
15. Entering with sharp objects or weapons of any kind.
16. Enter with banners, posters, clothing for advertising purposes, costumes, among other objects of this type. Take filming or photographs for advertising purposes.
17. Causing a riot, jumping, lying down, running, undressing or creating disorder.
18. Climb or lean on walls and / or structures. Touch, move or extract lithic elements.
19. Disturb, collect or extract flora or fauna.
20. Carry out activities that distort the sacred character of the Machupicchu; such as fashion shows, dances, social commitments, obscene acts contrary to morals and good customs or any type of activity that implies the impairment or deterioration of the monument, its natural environment and / or facilities.
21. Smoking, vaping or making any type of fire.
22. Throwing waste of any kind.
23. Not respecting the established circuits and routes.
24. Outpatient commerce in the monument and surrounding spaces up to Puente Ruinas.
25. Perform overflights with paragliders, drones or any type of smaller ship.